1) While trying to walk out of the same door at the same time a LOVELY gentlemen (I would guess around 80 years old) says, "After you....I always like to follow out the pretty ladies!" Then continues to walk me to my car (holding on to my elbow all the while) and tells me this joke: What is the difference between out-laws and in-laws??
ONE of them is wanted!
(This old man made my day, and I told him so)
2) While bending down to retrieve my mail from the PO box, another lovely, old, eighty year old man.....zooms by on his walker and says, "Its a lovely day, isn't it young lady?" To which I replied, "Yes, it is!"
"Do you know why I think today is lovely?? Because we are two nice people, talking to each other."
This old man really got me thinking.....how often do we REALLY just talk to people because we are nice, and it's nice to converse? I don't do it enough, I've decided.
MAN.....I LOVE THE POST OFFICE
1 comment:
This storey cracked me up! I think the 80 year old post office goers love you!
Post a Comment