Thursday, February 12, 2009

Let me PAINT you a picture:

80ish year old man (I know this for sure, he told me), shorter than I am (keep in mind I'm 5'4), smelled like a mixture of stinky B.O. + "I've smoked for my entire adult life" (and maybe my adolescent life too), he was hairy, and I mean hairy in places people shouldn't be hairy (I.E. his forehead), he had long fingernails (we're talking morticia addams) that were the color of a used coffee filter, he had only 2 teeth, one front tooth and a snaggle tooth on the bottom. Are you imagining this guy yet?? Good.
Now, let me tell you about him. . . today I ran into him and this is what he said, "excuse me kind lady, but I just wanted to tell you I was grateful to be in the presence of such a pretty young woman"......he said numerous nice things after this.
Keep in mind, he may have been the grossest, smelliest person I have ever came in contact with for more than a period of a minute, BUT....I have never been so complimented and smiled so much. He truly was just out to make other peoples' days.
YAY FOR THE SMELLY GUY!

2 comments:

Jallin said...

Aww I'm so glad I waited to see this story! You have random encounters with old people a lot. But that is a way good Yay Moment!

The Queen Mum said...

I have had this same experience several times. It really makes you look at life and people differently. It reminds me of Christ...no respecter of persons. He loved everyone, healed anyone...Thanks for the GREAT story and experience. You are beautiful!