Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The joy and the pain, and they call this thing the rodeo . . .

I have officially been to TWO....yes, count them, TWO rodeos. I must say (a tad begrudgingly) that I LOVED them! And I think I fell in love with a pick-up man (See? I even know the terminology!) ......and how appropriately named he was ;) Nothing is cuter than a cowboy. Or should I say cowMAN....maybe that is what the allure is all about. Men being men instead of lily boys that don't know how to change a tire or use a wet stone.

My new favorite event: Steer Wrestling. It even SOUNDS manly! And oh my, it is. There are two men....barrelling down the arena on horses, one of which JUMPS off of his horse onto a steer (or cow for those of you who don't speak cowboy) and wrestles it to the ground! Are you imagining this? Because I must say that it is VERY entertaining.......I could even get over the huge belt buckle and the weird chaps if I could wrangle me a good 'ol cowboy.


I think I'm officially hooked on rodeo.
This is Jackie and Me enjoying the masculinity of it all

2 comments:

Jallin said...

And you look so pretty!! You might want to keep going to rodeos looking like that. You might be able to rope yourself a cowMAN!! No more lily boys! Yay for that!

Frankfurt said...

A big YEE-Haw from your mama! Nothin whimpy bout a cowboy!