Monday, January 11, 2010

Life-O-Jessica Update

So, here is what's new:
School has started back up (bleh) and the due date for BFA applications is sooner than I thought (double bleh)

For those of you that may not know, BFA is 'Bachelor of Fine Arts' which is a competitive program that I absolutely NEED to get into this semester. The reason being is that I've waited until the absolute last minute to apply and if I don't get in I won't have any classes to take. Needless to say, I need a miracle. PRAYERS, please. I need some random miraculous act to make all the adjunct members suddenly love my work and accept me into their hoity toity program.


I still don't have a job, well, I guess technically I do, but not a REAL one. I am still working as the Business Editor for the campus newspaper which is actually a lot of fun, but I need a job that is . . . . let's say . . . a little more financially rewarding, if you catch my drift. I had an interview last week at a bank (yay!) and they said 'We are really impressed with you' (yay!) and three days later I got a phone call saying 'We've decided to go in another direction.' *GAG* So, back to endlessly applying for jobs.


I am officially moving out of my place THIS Saturday! Which is extremely exciting, but stressful all at the same time. I'm stoked to get out of here (let's just say the place I live now is bad for my karma) but NOT SO stoked to actually move. I hate having things so unorganized, it's enough to give me an anxiety related stroke. I'll probably put up a video of my new place (which is a cute townhouse) once we have everything where it belongs, but for now, here is a picture of the outside:

Another update is that my ward has kinda-sorta combined with another ward. Here is how it works: my singles ward is in the same building now as another singles ward. We are still separate wards, but we combine for Sunday School and for all activities (I.E. family home evening, ward prayer, etc.) Which seems to be working out splendidly! We still get to keep our awesome bishopric and our 'ward' but we get the perks of having this new ward around. I've made it a goal to meet at least three new people at every function and so far it's been great.

Well, that's about all the updates you guys can handle for now. Until I have more, adieu

1 comment:

Jallin said...

Oh I love your cute new house already!! I wish I was there to help you move...because you know how good we are at that! :) Make sure to take lots of pictures once it's decorated all cute! Hopefully I'll get to see it soon!