Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Funny Story

It's been a while since I have made someone laugh with the random antics that are my life, so I have a story for you.
This happened a little while ago (some of you may have already heard this doozy)
I took my friend Melissa out to lunch the other day to Bajio. Neither one of us had been there, so we were asking the man (presumably Mexican) behind the counter about the food. To which he responded, "Well, you're Mexican . . . you should know about the food."
"Hahahaha! I'm not Mexican!" -ME
**Continue to discuss food**
"You're SURE you aren't Mexican?" -Man Behind Counter
"Yes, I'm sure." -ME
** Order food, move down the counter**
"You're positive you don't have a LITTLE Mexican in you??" -Man Behind Counter
**At this point I'm starting to wonder if maybe I wasn't as confident as I should have been when stating that I was, in fact, NOT Mexican**
Still laughing, I say, "I'm absolutely sure I'm not Mexican, both of my parents are white."
Melissa goes to sit down and I proceed to pay for our food in which my new friend from the South says, "Are you married?"
ME- "nope."
"Do you have a boyfriend?"
ME- "yep, a few actually."
"Do you want to add another to the list?" (this was accompanied by one of those looks from head to toe that gives you the heebie jeebies)
ME- "No, I think I've met my boyfriend quota for the year."

I don't know what it is about me that people just refuse to believe that I am Caucasian.
Can you see it?

2 comments:

Family von Graf said...

I could see the next comment being something crude like, wanna a little mexican in you?

You have to give him an e for effort.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha..... I like your stories.