Thursday, March 4, 2010

I had an interesting day yesterday, to say the least. Here is a rundown of what happened: I went to class (same old boring art history), I came back to Layton, stopped at the Distribution Center, went across the street to WalMart, and on my way there
MY CAR FELL IN THE GRAND CANYON OF POT HOLES

















This one to be exact. I don't know if you can tell but the car to hole ratio is WAY OFF.
Notice that you can't tell how deep the hole actually is, and from afar I didn't know if it was a puddle or if it was, in fact, a pot hole.

Here is the hole after we drained it, yes you heard right. We stuck a cup in the hole and drained it. We got a few weird looks.






















It probably goes without saying that this hole is EXTREMELY deep, not to mention the death
spikes of asphalt poking up from underneath.


Please also note that the hole is not ONE layer of asphalt deep but TWO treacherous, annihilating layers.















I got T.W.O flat tires.
oh heavens to betsy

















To those of you that have weak stomaches, I'm sorry for the graphic nature of the photo, but here is the
STAB WOUND
Time to go to work: thank goodness for a father that taught me how to change tires.


I even got to show Melissa how to change a tire. Poor thing didn't know how.






















I even got a little grungy in the process. Notice the smudge on my forehead and the dirty hands. I almost felt like a real live mechanic. This also led me to notice the sheer volume of GUYS I know that don't know how to change a tire. Tragedy.

















Four new tires and $386.34 later my car is healed.

3 comments:

Family von Graf said...

First off, you are so hot in red. Second, poor tire. I'm glad your dad taught you how to change a flat. Thirdly, did he also teach you to keep 2 spare tires in your trunk for when you drive over a pothole? Seriously, you would've made a great boy scout for being prepared with that. =)

Jess said...

Alas . . . I didn't have two flat tires (Who would've thought I needed them?!?!)
BUT
my dad DID teach me how to sweet talk a friend into letting me use their's ;)
PS . . thanks for the red hot comment!

Jallin said...

These are the experiences I miss having with you...we need to live in the same state again!!! Bahhh!!