Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday . . .

To feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray.

For the temple is a house of God, a place of love and beauty.

I'll prepare myself while I am young; this is my sacred duty."

I still love to see the temple. I love to worship inside its walls. I love to listen and to pray, to dress in white and feel the Spirit that radiates from its hallowed halls. I love the feeling of peace that I find there, a stillness best described by Paul as "the peace of God, which passeth all understanding"

I love the joy that fills the temple as heaven and earth meet and the veil grows thin. I love the power that rests on all who there prepare themselves to enter the presence of the Lord. I love the power of the priesthood that clothes all who worship at its altars. I love the ordinances that fortify me against the adversary's deception. I love the happiness that fills my heart as I go to the temple, the joy that lingers with me after I leave.

I love the temple. It is the house of the Lord. His glory fills His house. His presence rests there. His priesthood is exercised there. His children are taught there. His angels watch over and commune with all who make covenants there.

Truly it is a house of learning, of prayer, of order, of peace. It is the house of the Lord.

My sanctuary, My respite

It makes me smile.
"Our" temple now:
"Our" temple after the upcoming remodel:My old temple *sniff*sniff*:
Temple I can't WAIT to go into:
MY ALL TIME FAVORITE:

3 comments:

Josh said...

Jess! Wow! It sure has been ages since I've "seen" or "heard" from you! I'm going to have to start reading your blog on a regular basis. Hope all is well.

Family von Graf said...

I heard about the remodel in the bulletin on Sunday. I kind of like the spaceship look. Hopefully I get to go to Provo before they redo that one.
I do think it will brighten the place up. =)

Korine said...

The temple you can't wait to go to is actually my favorite. Take a trip north some day and GO! Looking over your page, it looks like you are doing great!