I know that the very few of you that read my blog thoroughly enjoy my dating escapades . . . there have been fewer and fewer as of late, because . . . .well, frankly . . . . it exhausts me. BUT I have recalled a few that I have yet to blog about. I know that they make ME giggle, so why not share the laughter??FROG-MAN:
Long ago, I got set up on a date (of course, I don't have any dates of the normal variety) and he calls, acts like a gentleman, sets a date, AND picks me up on time.
SO FAR, SO GOOD
Needless to say from my less that subtle nickname of said date, he slightly resembled Kermit the Frog. But less cute, if you can imagine that.
He decides he wants to go to Iggy's and for those of you that aren't Utahns out there, it is a sports bar & grill. So far conversation is good, we have a few things in common, so we proceed to talk about that for the next few moments.
UNTIL
He notices there is a game on that he just can't keep his eyes off of . . . so I spend the next 10-15 minutes vying for his attention (which, come on! I shouldn't have to vie for Kermit, no offense but I think I'm better than some sweaty-muscley-guys on tv)
I finally pull his little froggy eyes away from the TV . . . only to have his phone start ringing
HE ANSWERS IT
and I spend the next 10-15 minutes eating my food in silence while he chit-chats with a friend.
WOW
That's so rude!
I must admit . . . I'm not the best date there ever was, I'm not the most polite, or the nicest. But my parents taught me well, and I try my hardest to make sure the opposite party has an enjoyable time. I think it's about time for me to have a good date
What do ya say??
Good date for Jessica Schmoe?? AMEN!
Maybe for my birthday . . . . *cough*cough*
No comments:
Post a Comment