Wednesday, November 12, 2014

teeny tiny miniscule TWO YEAR hiatus

I need you to imagine something with me. My gorgeous sister-in-law: looks like a wholesome version of a Baywatch babe, walks with the grace of a ballerina, talks with the poise of a queen, mothers like you've never seen mothering before (that sounds somehow derogatory, but I literally mean being a mother), and writes like she's kin to Henry David Thoreau. Well, she gave me a tiny nudge to start my blog again. Every time I read her posts I love her and silently curse her for leading such a perfect life. So perfect, so well written, and pictures of her kidlings that make you drool.....so much so that I didn't want to write about my life.
Make sense?
Yeah, me either.
My life is far less beautiful, I don't have the insight she has or the ability to paint with my words. But we are different her and I, and that's ok. And here we go.
I used to write about completely ridiculous (and hopefully funny) things that normally revolved around dating. And well..... I'm an old married lady now. *gasp* I know. This just happened, so you literally didn't miss much.
But upon her suggestion (the babe I spoke of previously), I thought to myself, "Self, you've been married for just over two weeks....and it's already been pretty dang entertaining."
So....like it or not, that's what my main topic is morphing into. Let the hilarity ensue.
Because I don't want to backtrack into what I've missed on this blog, I'll start here and now. Laying in bed on my laptop with my husband (so.stinking.weird.) next to me studying for his GMAT. No sound, no talking, just the clickety clack of my keyboard and the occasional rustle next to me. This is my life now. Husband, house, dinner-times, and future planning. That may sound dismal to some, but let me tell you...... it's so. dang. fantastic.
Chris gets up earlier than I do for work.... and gets ready in the dark. He tries not to wake me - because I am the lightest sleeper ever - but try as he might I usually end up peeking through my eyelids to watch him tip toe around the room looking for this and that.
He also makes the bed on the weekends because, "this is the only time I can make the bed, since I get up earlier than you. You shouldn't have to make the bed all the time."
This morning he made me an omelet because he had the day off work and brought it to me while I was working in the office.
He did laundry yesterday and I came home to all sorts of things hanging ALL OVER THE HOUSE because, "I had no idea what could be dried and what couldn't."
We finally organized our closet the other day and I all but kicked him out. He's got one tiny corner amidst all my shoes and clothes. Zero complaint from him.
He seems like a dream.
On the other hand there are things he does that are hilarious and drive me absolutely bonkers. I won't speak of those just yet. I want him to remain perfect in my eye (and secretly in yours too).
Maybe my life is beautiful after all.

No comments: