Wednesday, February 15, 2012

heart that boy . . .

Well friendlings...my second favorite holiday has come and past. And I'm here to tell you exactly how I feel about it. Because I know you just can't stand not knowing.*I'm about to be super duper girly mushy gross, stop reading now if you can't handle it*
Let the gushing commence:
Let me first start off by saying that my portion of the day was a SUCCESS!! Woo hoo! Virtual pat on the back..... I gave him little love notes throughout the day his house, two at work, two more at his house, all leading to a scavenger hunt at the end of the day, which ALSO led to his gift! I know...I'm the best girlfriend ever....you don't even have to say it.
Anyway...back to talking about the boy. So, I knew I was supposed to see him after work, but I didn't know what was happening. So when my coworkers tried to get me to stay a half an hour later at work than normal I had a little inkling of things to come. When I put my key in the door after work, there he was. In my favorite shirt, holding a bouquet of roses. Sweating his arse off I might add.....if I didn't know any better I would think he was nervous.
Then led me into the dining room that was COVERED in hearts. Heart place mats, heart plates, red napkins folded into hearts. A mushy lovey dovey heart explosion. And lo and behold ....he brought out PF Changs. I love me some Chinese...and bless his soul, he doesn't. Anyway...we had a lovely dinner where I ogled the heart napkins...and played footsy under the table.
Then came the gift. Which was prefaced with, "this is the most romantic gift of all time." I pulled of the wrapping .... and it was a pocket knife. Made me laugh. Out loud. I have needed one for quite sometime. He is getting Schmoe Family brownie points already and he doesn't even know it.
 Sweet, sweet man of mine. I'm completely undeserving.

2 comments:

LishKishBish said...

That was the mushiest.....gushiest....most adorable thing I have ever read.

the schmoes said...

Ha ha! A pocket knife!! Perfect!