The second is that I don’t have enough time just for me. I don’t have time to read a book. I used to read whole books in a mere day. And I loved it. Nothing better than smelling the pages, and feeling the binding in my hand. Letting my mind wander to wherever it may take me that day. I don’t remember the last time I read a book. I started a new one last week. I’m still on chapter 3. I love to go to the gym…..and I feel like if I do, I don’t have time to do laundry, or to clean my room, do dishes, or anything of my other house duties without falling into an exhausted heap on the floor. That’s what I get for working 12 hour days. I suppose I shouldn’t complain. I do love my job. I guess I’m still young enough, and single enough to be completely worn out by my career.
And lastly, I have found my cure all for any ailment. From sore throat, to grumpiness, to a bad case of the sleepies. Sunshine. And music. Preferably together. Obviously I’ve always known that I’ve truly enjoyed them, but they really do lift my spirits. No matter what. I wish I could say the cure all was the same for everyone. Alas, I’m fairly certain it’s not. But that’s mine. How blessed I am to have found it.
3 comments:
And that is why you are my favorite.
I can very clearly picture all of these things you just described...and it made me miss them equally as much! I love spending time in Gower with your amazing family. It seems life was much simpler back then (even though we thought we were busy and stressed). It makes me grateful for those days with the windows down and Colbie Callait blasting on the radio.
Hey there! I just wanted to invite you to come enter a fabulous MODCLOTH giveaway I'm having right now!!
Hope to see you there! Thanks so much!
Emily
http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/05/giveaway-time-again.html
Post a Comment