I know you all are dying to hear some more of my awful dating stories.....and it just so happens that I have some time on my hands :) So here we go
Awful date #2 (which was ACTUALLY before the fish-taco guy)
WIND PANTS MAN:
I met him sometime at the beginning of summer at a group gathering. I don't remember meeting him, but apparently I made some sort of impression on him because he sought out my number from some mutual friends at this same gathering. Problem is, he called me about a month later (after said gathering) and I didn't recall meeting him AT ALL. Either way, he seemed really nice, we spoke on the phone a few times and he asked me on a date. "Sure", I say......why not? A girl's gotta eat, right? (Thanks, Jenny)
Turns out he lives in Bountiful (which is about 10 min away) but he is from the area where I live now. He calls me, says he is going to come get me at 8:30. Sweet. I have a date. So I get dressed up (hello????? I'm going OUT!) He calls me around 7:30, and says he is running a little late and is that ok? Or should we reschedule? At this point I've already begun the primping process so later is fine. He says maybe 9:00.......... he knocks on my door at 10:30.
WHOA.
Whatever, no big deal, I can handle a late night. Except I open the door and *GASP!*
there must be some mistake!!! This isn't my date.......this is a Keebler Elf who got lost on his way to the tree and he is gonna give me COOKIES! YAY!
Nope. No such luck. No cookies.
He is just a very tiny man. But NOT bad looking. Keep in mind, this is my initial thought process, I promise I'm not really that shallow.
Next thing I notice:
He is wearing ..... WIND PANTS. You know, the kind that swish when you walk? I didn't think they actually made those for adults anymore....maybe he bought them in the kids section....I mean he IS tiny.....
So, along with his wind pants, he has on a t-shirt, a ball cap, and tennis shoes. Hmmm.....maybe we are going on a hike? Sky diving? Something that would merit WIND pants???
I don't need a fashionista guy by any means, but I made the EFFORT to look nice, and he borrowed his son's P.E. clothes.
Ok, it turns out he is really nice, and complimentary, so atleast that was a plus. He decides to take me to a family owned ice cream place (see? Ice cream!!! What gives?) Well, since he was extremely late, we don't get there until around 10:30 and DUH....it's closed. So he proceeds to take me to the DRIVE THRU at WENDY'S to get a FROSTIE.
This guy is pulling out all the stops.
Did I mention that his truck was HUMONGOUS?? I mean, I practically had to pole vault into it...and a little elf-like man in a giant truck is humorous in, and of, itself.
Then he takes me back to my house. YIPPEE. Gee, that was fun. Now we are eating frosties on my couch and watching a movie, on completely OPPOSITE ends of the couch. Apparently he is a general contractor and proceeded to tell me ALL about it for the next two hours. I built THIS and I built THAT and I'm so TOUGH and I HAMMER crap. Who cares??? TWO HOURS OF CONSRUCTION TALK.
Then he hits me with this, "How does a guy know when a girl wants him to kiss her?"
This guy is 34 years old...........one of two reasons he asked me this question:
1. He wants to kiss me, and is trying to get the green light. OR
2. He is 34 years old, and really doesn't know the answer to that question, which is just sad.
So I told him all of the things girls do to be kissable and proceeded to do NONE of them.
Anyway, he finally left after the movie. Not nearly as disastrous as the fish-taco guy, but still verging on awful.
1 comment:
Ha ha ha Sounds like the one and only online date I ever had. The guy drove down from HILL AFB to Cedar. Luckily, Mikey (who was dating my roomie at the time) showed up to hang out for the weekend and chased the guy out. I wish one of your bros would have been there to bail you out.
Post a Comment