Wednesday, October 6, 2010

CONUNDRUM

I have recently been talking to a man (who shall remain nameless) who is quite nice. Very courteous, interesting, funny, and just down-right a good person. Ok, for the sake of my story (which may get confusing in a minute) Let’s call him Mr. Nice (original, I know).
I thoroughly enjoy his company and all of our conversations, EXCEPT I am in no way, shape or form, attracted to this man. AAAAGGGGHHH! I have even tried to find things about him that I could possibly see as attractive so that I can give this guy at least a shot in the dark. Alas . . . it isn’t working. So, needless to say, I’m eventually going to have to cut ties all together or severely cut them back just so I don’t end up being a heartbreaker (no one wants that rep).
In comes guy #2, we shall call him Mr. Hott.
Mr. Hott is . . . well . . .HOT. Attractive in every way. I won’t go into details because we don’t want all of you single ladies lusting after my computer screen. Here is the problem: the ONLY part of him that I find attractive is his looks. Ok, maybe that is a tad overboard. He does have some other redeeming qualities. He seems to have his head on straight, and is a good guy. Other than that, during our conversations, I find myself wondering what time I have to get up the next day rather than focused on what he is talking about because he is so BORING. And, I don’t want to say he is stupid, because he certainly is not, but when I talk to him I feel like I have to explain myself a lot. Like, he doesn’t understand my sense of humor. Which I get, I’m weird, not everyone understands me.
But this problem seems to be reoccurring in my life. People that I am not attracted to have rockin’ personalities and everything else in the right order. People that I am attracted to are dumb, boring, bad-boy or a combination of any of the three. What gives?!?!
It’s almost like if you are genetically blessed that you don’t care to develop any other attributes to make you a well rounded person.
Just for the sake of not sounding like a bitter woman, I will say there are LOTS of exceptions to this rule. My brothers, namely, being a few. I have friends who seem to have surpassed the norm also. I only say this because this seems to be a normal occurrence in MY life. Lucky me.

No comments: