Thursday, February 3, 2011

Another Funny Story

COMPLETELY hypothetical story (I mean really, can you prove it's not??) I had a boyfriend. For a day. TODAY actually. 24-hr boyfriend, you can call him. Until about 1:15 AM I am a taken woman. Hear that, gents? Oh, what was that? You're CRYING??  Don't fret my cute pets, TWENTY FOUR HOURS, remember?
Yeah . . . . sometimes crazy things happen in my life, and you know what? I think it's hilarious. Like the fact that I got a one-a-day boyfriend (kind of like the vitamin, they should totally market that) or maybe because I've had clients catch me mid-hair whip (I can't seem to get that song out of my head. Blast you, Willow Smith) or perhaps because my bathroom mirror is so covered with roomie-notes that I can't even see myself. . . . I digress . . . .
Back to the topic at hand. My boyfriend.
Makes me giggle just to type it. Let me try and spell this out in a way for you to understand.
So there is this dude. We've talked about said dude in previous posts. Well, said dude and I CAN'T date. As in, I won't allow it. For various reasons. However, I enjoy said dude. The one-a-dayer. What are we gonna call him??
ummm . . . let's call him. . . . .
Geraldo.
Geraldo and I hang out. And we enjoy each other's company. This was our conversation last night. Over a nice handful of Reese's Pieces.
"It's too bad we can't date. I think we would have a lot of fun together."
"Yeah, really is too bad. I think it would be fun too."
"Yeah?? We should try it. You know, for like a day."
"Bwhahahahah!" (that was maniacal laughter)
"No, I'm serious. Come on, we aren't ever REALLY gonna date, so how about we just try it out. Like trying on a really nice shirt that is way too expensive that you'll never really buy."
"Ummm . . . yeah, sure, ok. Let's do it" (come on, folks. Why not?)
"Ok, so we're boyfriend/girlfriend for the next 24 hours. Get rid of your gentleman-callers"

And there you have it, friends. My one-a-day boyfriend was born. Now whatever shall I do with him??
Oh yes . . .I know. . . .I have a light bulb that needs changing, and some shoulders that need rubbing . . . .ahhh, I think I am going to like this arrangement. I'm going to start taking applications for one of these a month.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Well, now I'm WAY TOO CURIOUS as to why this arrangement won't work. WHY WON'T YOU DATE GERALDO? WHAT HAS HE DONE TO DISAPPOINT YOU SO?! Waiting...waiting to hear...waiting to read the story...still waiting....................