Thursday, March 17, 2011

I've started taking guitar lessons (I know, it feels weird being in guitar instruction with a bunch of 8 year-olds, but hey, I wanna learn, ok?) And I just want to tell you that I stink. With a capital S.
I went to my second (count them, two) lesson on Tuesday and my conversation with my teacher went a little bit like this:
Jess "I'm gonna be honest with you. I didn't practice. Not even a little."
Teach "Jess, you've GOT to practice if you want to learn. I know you'll catch on quick, just set aside some time."
Jess "Ok, ok, I know. I promise I'll practice this week.'

And all of my good intentions went straight down the tube along with sausage roll bangs (thank goodness, right?)
I haven't even looked at my guitar. Poor guy. He probably thinks I don't like him.
But I've got 4 days until my next lesson. How about I do some impressing when I know ALL of my chords? Huh, huh??
Can I do it?
Probably not.
Just cause I think sleep and a social life are important.
Dang my prioritites.

No comments: