But you better sit down for this one.
Wait, what am I saying? How many people actually stand up while on their computer?
Anyway . . . this date was . . . .
............................
G O O D
Yep, I said it. Not horrible, or horrendous, or atrocious, or wretched. It was GOOD.
Holy smokes, I don't even know what to do with myself. (except silently wish that said date doesn't read my blog)
Trace: If you're reading this . . . stop now . . . turn back.
Here is the story:
I met Trace at the aforementioned Halloween party. Apparently the mustache didn't deter him.
He called me the next day, and yesterday (Wednesday) we went out.
We met in Salt Lake (Trace lives in Orem, yuck) and went to an open mic night at Wiseguy's comedy club (don't worry, we didn't participate)

We stayed for approximately half the show before Trace had to ear-muff me and we escaped from the raunchiness.
Then we went downtown to where the Jazz game was just letting out and we performed on the street.
No, your ears did not deceive you.
We were street performers :)

He brought his guitar and since I am so musically inclined I borrowed a tambourine from a friend and we went to town. (You would be pleasantly surprised at the moves I adapted with my new instrument)
5 dollars and 28 cents (and two tickets for free Big Macs) later we were finished.

Then we walked about 2 blocks down to an ACTUAL street performer named Piper Bob. You got it . . . he was a bagpiper. He actually had some talent under his belt . . .er . . .kilt. So, we donated our $5.28 to his cause.

And that was it!
He didn't show up in windpants . . . or have bad breath . . . or give me his salesman schpeal . . . or fall asleep . . . or disappear for 30 minutes.
Let's hear it folks, for my first good date in Utah!
**I wouldn't mind if you applauded me right now**
And just so you can be reminded of how absolutely horrible my dating has been in Utah here is a little refresher:
Random Boy at Bajio <-- Ok, technically this isn't a dating story, but it still accurately depicts my ability to attract all things weird+guy
--> And this last one just because I really like it :) Smelly Old Guy
Come to think of it . . . there are a few doozies that I have yet to blog about . . . stay tuned ;)
1 comment:
Weird...lol. Go Sis!!
Post a Comment